Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spyder's Fresh Tomato Salsa


My sister forwards me recipes ever so often and I don't know what gets to me, but I end up looking at them and trying one or two. This is the second recipe I tried from her email recipes. I modified it a little bit to suit my taste.

Fresh Tomato Salsa dedicated to Spyder

3 tomatoes,chopped
1/2 cup finely sliced or diced red onion
2 Serrano chiles, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 T salt
2 t lime juice

In a medium bowl, stir together all the ingredients. Chill for one hour before serving. Eat with multi-grain tortilla chips.

My habib and I are a little more decadent, so we had this with avocado on the side. I am not really in favor of mixing the avocado into the salsa. You can, because the salsa coats the avocado quite nicely. In fact, I tried it for the first go around, as you can see in the picture of my masterpiece above.

For the original recipe, click Here.

No comments: