
I love red wine and I can't help but use it in my cooking too! Cooking is so much fun when you have a glass of red wine next to you...for cooking!
2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 medium onions, cut up
2 beef bouillon cubes or 1 pkg. onion soup mix (1 envelope)
3 tbsp cornstarch
Salt
Pepper
1 1/2 cups dry red wine
Hot cooked noodles (optional)
Place the beef & onions in a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker. Add bouillon cubes or dry soup mix. Sprinkle w/ cornstarch, salt & pepper. Pour red wine over all. Cover & cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours. Or, cover & cook on high setting for 4 to 5 hours. Serve over hot cooked noodles, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Just Slow Cooking.
Modifications: I added salt pork and a bay leaf, then layered vegetables on top - carrots, mushroom and red pepper. For garnish, I used scallions. I paired the beef in red wine gravy with wild rice-white rice pilaf which I mixed myself.
Photo credit: By yours truly
No comments:
Post a Comment