Sunday, December 26, 2010

Nouveau Adobo Pork Chops

This is a new take on the traditional Pinoy adobo recipe of heavy soy and vinegar. I still used the usual soy-vinegar combo but changed the combination drastically. For many reasons. 1) The main course will be served with brown rice that has a nutty consistency as opposed to white rice. 2) I wanted to serve it with naturally picked sushi ginger slivers. 3) I was using pork chops bone-in. So I had to make sure that the marinade permeated the thick cut of my chops.

Check this out:
2 thick-cut center pork chops, bone-in

Marinade:
1/4 cup of vinegar
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1 T of dates syrup (you can also use honey)

Place the pork chops in the marinade. Give those chops a sleep-over in the marinade.

The next day:
Slice some onions
Place the onions, pork chops and the marinade in the slow cooker.
Cook for 1-1/2 hour.

Verdict: Where's the picture? Well, those pork chops did not last long. Probably next time.

No comments: