We have had ready-made mashed potatoes for those times when I have very limited time to cook. And twice, we were disaapointed. Either it is too dry or too salty. I have decided that I really need to carve out a time to make my mashed potatoes the way I like it. The old fashioned way: hand mashed, with skins intact. No milk or cream of any sort.
Here is the recipe:
Yellow Potatoes with thin skins
Minced garlic
Butter
Rock salt
Pepper
Once the potatoes are soft after boiling, mash them with a fork. Then add butter.
This is the best time to think about violence.
Mash until the potatoes have a smooth consistency.
Add the minced garlic, rock salt and pepper.
Mash again ntil the potatoes have a very smooth consistency.
Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Then serve.
Practice makes perfect.
Greek Bread Salad with Toasted Pita Chips ♥
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment