Saturday, June 27, 2009

Nile Perch with Provence Herbs

It was the first time Mark and I tried Nile Perch for dinner. As I was preparing the fish, I realized I ran out of Rosemary! No! So, I substituted Provence Herbs instead. It saved the evening!

Nile perch
Provence herbs
Salt, crushed pepper and oregano
Thinly sliced onions
Fresh lemon
Butter

1. Grease the oven dish with butter
2. Layer the dish with thinly sliced onions
3. Drizzle lemon on the Nile perch, followed by the Provence herbs, Salt, crushed pepper and oregano
4. Place the fish on the dish with onions underneath the fish
5. Bake until done

Observation: For fresh water fish, I prefer to use fresh lemon instead of lemon salt. Typically, fresh water fish taste delicate and I love the natural lemon juice to lift up the essence of the fish.

Conclusion: The fish is tasty and not fishy. It's cod-like consistency held itself while baking.

No comments: